CellGenix® rh IL-3
GMP and Preclinical grade
CellGenix Recombinant Human IL-3 reliably stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs/CD34+ cells). It is produced in our dedicated animal-free facility ensuring maximum safety for optimal use in ATMP manufacturing.
Interleukin-3 (IL-3) is a cytokine which acts as a mediator in the body’s natural immune system. It amongst others strengthens the immune response by stimulating the proliferation of HSCs into the major blood cell types. IL-3 is produced primarily by activated T cells.
IL-3 is used in the cell and gene therapy space for the ex vivo expansion of HSCs.
CellGenix Recombinant Human IL-3 is produced following all applicable GMP guidelines and allows for the safe use in accordance with USP Chapter <1043> and Ph. Eur. General Chapter 5.2.12.
Our GMP cytokines are provided with documented evidence of purity, potency, consistency and stability. In combination with our expert regulatory and technical support this will help simplify your raw material qualification and validation efforts.
CellGenix® Recombinant Human Interleukin-3
CellGenix® GMP rh IL-3
CellGenix® Preclinical rh IL-3
CellGenix® rh IL-3
- Produced in our dedicated animal-free facility
- Compliant to USP Chapter <1043> and Ph. Eur. General Chapter 5.2.12 (GMP)
- FDA Drug Master File available (GMP)
GMP & Preclinical Grade
- Seamless transition from preclinical development to ATMP manufacturing
Highest GMP Quality Standard
- High lot-to-lot consistency – save time on revalidations
- Performance reliability – rely on consistent product performance
- Highest purity – ensure the safety of your ATMP
- Extremely low endotoxin levels – improve safety and reproducibility
- Expert regulatory & technical support – rely on experience
Read more about our GMP Quality
Safe │ GMP Compliant │ Reliable
Expressed in E. coli
Human IL-3, accession # P08700, Ala20-Phe152
Lyophilized from a 200 µl of a 0.2 µm-filtered solution containing 10 mM sodium phosphate and 50 mM sodium chloride, pH 7.2
Both product grades are produced under the same conditions in a GMP facility, ensuring an equal product quality and performance. We offer a more comprehensive QC testing including tighter specifications and documentation for our GMP products: Preclinical vs GMP
|Molecular weight||15.2 kDa||15.2 kDa|
|Purity||≥ 95% as determined by SDS-PAGE||≥ 97% as determined by SDS-PAGE and RP-HPLC|
|Activity||≥ 0.9 x 106 IU/mg, calibrated against NIBSC #91/510||0.9 – 3.6 x 106 IU/mg, calibrated against NIBSC #91/510|
Batch specific activity on CoA
|Endotoxin level||< 1000 EU/mg||≤ 50 EU/mg|
|Intended use||Intended for preclinical ex vivo use. Not intended for human in vivo application.||Intended for clinical ex vivo use. Not intended for human in vivo application.|
Recommended in sterile water to a final concentration of 250 µg/ml.
Ambient temperature. Please refer to Technote to learn more about our shipment validation procedure.
Storage & Stability
Store lyophilized cytokine at -20°C to -80°C.
Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
CellGenix GMP rh IL-3 has an activity of 0.9 – 3.6 × 106 IU/mg
The activity of GMP rh IL-3 was measured in a cell proliferation assay using the IL-3-dependent cell line TF-1. It was calibrated against the NIBSC #91/510.
You can find the batch specific activity on the certificate of analysis (CoA).
We offer the following to assist you with your regulatory approval process:
- Comprehensive documentation (e.g. DMFs, Regulatory Support Files, Certificates of Origin)
- Outstanding QC support (e.g. extensive stability data)
- The possibility to audit our production site
- Detailed batch specific test results on our Certificates of Analysis
- Change notifications prior to relevant changes
Customized solutions can be provided to meet special compliance needs. Contact our Regulatory Support Team for all your regulatory requests & questions:
Phone: +49 761 88 88 9-302
In order to stay up-to-date with the international guidelines for raw materials, we are in constant interaction with regulatory authorities worldwide. In this regard, we amongst others helped defining the European guidelines which are outlined in the new general chapter Ph. Eur. monograph 5.2.12.
- A Frequent Hypofunctional IRAK2 Variant is associated with reduced spontaneous hepatitis C Virus Clearance
Wang, H. et al., 2015, Hepatology
- Efficient Virus Assembly, but Not Infectivity, Determines the Magnitude of Hepatitis C Virus-Induced Interferon Alpha Responses of Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells
Grabski, E. et al., 2015, Journal of Virology
- Exploiting Human CD 34+ Stem Cell-conditioned Medium for Tissue Repair
Mintz, PJ. et al., 2014, Molecular Therapy
- 3′, 4′-Dimethoxyflavone and valproic acid promotes the proliferation of human hematopoietic stem cells.
Kaur, K. et al., 2013, Stem Cell Research & Therapy
- A Short-activating RNA Oligonucleotide Targeting the Islet β-cell Transcriptional Factor MafA in CD34+ Cells
Reebye, V. et al., 2013, Molecular Therapy: Nucleic Acids
- Notch-mediated expansion of human cord blood progenitor cells capable of rapid myeloid reconstitution
Delaney, C. et al., 2010, Nature Medicine